23 September 2008

Check double check and take my own advice

A post over at Technology Evangelist reminded me of some good advice about emailing which is also relevant to putting up blog posts, sending out newsletters and making comments on other blogs. Its really very simple and it's about taking those extra few minutes when you think you have finished and are ready to press the send button just to wait and check ....

Check your spelling. Have you included everything you meant to include? If you were making an attachment have you actually attached it? Is there anything else that should usefully be included? Does your post or email actually say what you mean it to say?

When you are writing a lot of material and commenting on others blogs it's easy to be in a hurry and make slip ups. It is one of my failings. I have reminded myself, and others, in the past to slow down and check things before hitting the button and sending an email or submitting a post but then ... things get busy and it's easy to forget. So I am going to make myself a resolution to slow down and double check before I send my emails, or submit my blog posts or send of that newsletter copy. having said that I bet I submit this post and spot something wrong with it after I submit it. Isn't that always the way with things....

No comments: